Cloud Native Infrastructure
We believe that different types of applications require different cloud technologies. Whereas traditional enterprise workloads require proven and familiar technologies such as VMware and Oracle, new cloud native applications require a more dynamic, elastic and open solution such as Red Hat OpenStack.
Powered by Red Hat OpenStack®, UKCloud Health’s Cloud Native Infrastructure provides a full suite of modern, highly scalable and flexible IaaS services that support the tooling and needs of DevOps and WebOps communities.
Cloud Native Infrastructure is engineered specifically for organisations embracing digital transformation and developing true cloud-native applications; facilitating the creation of elastic infrastructure as code which can be built once and run anywhere at any time, taking full advantage of the benefits of cloud.
Our Cloud Native Infrastructure service is underpinned by a range of features that make it easy to use and control. Using the secure UKCloud Portal, Horizon dashboard or feature-rich native OpenStack API, you can:
- Programmatically control and gain platform visibility through the familiar OpenStack API, from controlling your VMs through to networks and routing
- Deploy and manage virtual load balancers to support resilience at the application level
- Reconfigure virtual hardware on demand – changing memory, processors, network and storage programmatically to react in near real time to demands on your applications
- Interact programmatically with the VM operating system (OS) at deployment or when scaling/contracting your solution, helping to reduce the time to value on any changes to your environment
- Use the global ecosystem of OpenStack tools and applications
- Upload custom VM images, applications and data, or select from UKCloud Health’s catalogue of template-based standard OS configurations
- Set and control access, user profiles and capabilities